Covered screenings often include:
- Cholesterol screenings
- Pap tests
- PSA (blood test for prostate cancer)
- HDL/LDL/Lipid testing
- Stress tests
- And many more!
Policies that may pay wellness benefits include:
- Accident insurance
- Disability insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Hospital indemnity insurance (medical bridge)
If you wish to file a wellness/cancer screening claim for a test performed within the past 36 months, you’ll need to submit:
- The type and date of the test performed
- Your physician’s name and phone number.
- We also need to know if this is for you or another covered individual. If this is for another covered individual, we need his or her name and Social Security number.
If you file by telephone or Internet, please retain a copy of the medical information and/or your receipt if needed for further verification.
There are three ways to file:
- Internet: File your claim online at Coloniallife.com or
- Phone: 1-800-325-4368 and provide the information requested by our Automated Voice Response System, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week; or
- Fax/mail: 1-800-880-9325 / P.O. Box 100195, Columbia SC 29202 Write your name, address, Social Security number and/or policy/ certificate number on your bill and indicate “Wellness Test.” You can download the claims forms to fax/mail here: File a doctor’s office visit or wellness claim
If your wellness/cancer screening test was more than 36 months ago, you must fax or mail a copy of the bill or statement from your physician indicating the type of procedure performed, the charge incurred and the date of service. Please write your full name, Social Security number and current address on the bill.
If you have any questions, please call (866) ENROLL-0 for assistance.